- Minimum Technical Skills
- Minimum System Requirements
- Browsers and Plug-ins
- Virus Protection
- Microsoft Office
To successfully participate in any Texas State online or hybrid course, you should have easy access to a computer less than 5 years old with a high-speed Internet connection.
You should also have the ability to:
- Download and install software or plug-ins such as Adobe Reader;
- Use Bobcat mail, including attaching and downloading documents and other files from emails;
- Save files in commonly used word processing formats (for example, .docx, .rtf);
- Copy and paste text and other items on a computer; and
- Save and retrieve documents and files on your computer.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Macintosh® OS X
- Speakers or headphones
- High-speed internet connection
Here you will find download links for recommended browsers and plug-ins for use with TRACS.
Notes: You must disable the pop-up blocker in your browser to open certain lessons, activities, and videos in your course. For example, if your browser has a built-in pop-up blocker or if you downloaded Yahoo, Google, or any other plug-in bar for your browser, make sure the pop-up blocker is disabled while accessing the course. Disabling your pop-up blocker should not require you to uninstall any component from your computer. The Firefox browser includes a pop-up blocker that is easy to turn off and on as long as it is not overridden by other pop-up software you have installed on your computer.
Some videos are delivered via Texas State's streaming media server referred to as Mediaflo. Learn more about requirements for viewing Mediaflo video. If you have problems viewing video in your course, contact the ITS help team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 245-5566.
Learn how to search Mediaflo video captions.
Texas State provides free student access to numerous Microsoft Office 365 applications.